EGYPT: Advanced Cargo Information (ACI)
The advanced cargo information (ACI) service provides both public and private trade operators with comprehensive electronic cargo information well ahead of the arrival of the goods in the country of importation, to aid processing and clearance. www.nafeza.gov.eg
How does it work?
ACI provides real-time data to authorized parties in any location by means of a web-based application. This allows timely processing of import/export documentation as well as detailed monitoring of the traffic of imported/exported goods. ACI works as follows:
- Exporter or its forwarder complete the ACI form, attaching required documents (bill of lading, invoice and export declaration) in electronic format before (or just after) the loading of the goods.
- The relevant information is made available online in real-time to all authorized parties involved in the transaction (importer, forwarder, customs, etc.) by means of the ACI application.
- Access to information can be controlled through tailored access rights, depending on user requirements.
What is the benefit of ACI?
- Cargo information available before arrival of goods
- Reduced port agents costs
- Real time follow-up of transactions
- Generation of trade intelligence
- Risk management and fraud control